Temple Run

Temple Run is a game that most of us played in middle school however, I just recently downloaded it again and I love it! It's a game that I use to pass time and to just play for fun. Temple run has a very interesting art perception. Each month or so it changes to match the season or holiday that is currently happening. For example, during this month they will show a spring/ bunny-themed game that is shown throughout the game. They’ll have the coins that you collect in the game be easter eggs and instead of the normal monster, he’ll have on a bunny suit.  Another interesting aspect of the game is you have to use multiple strategies throughout. Sometimes you'll have to slide and the next second, you'll be jumping over or under trees it's a game of surprises each time you play. They have very good representation throughout this game as well you begin the game with a white male who has ginger hair. However, if you play the game long enough you can unlock an African American football player, Usain Bolt, and even a woman of Chinese descent. I think this is interesting because it gives you all the more reasons to keep playing the game. 


Comments

  1. I used to love this game in middle school! I agree with you that it is easily replayable. It's simple but I think that's what makes it so addicting. I always enjoyed this game for the graphics that you mentioned. It always changes depending on what time of the year that you play it. The diversity you mentioned was cool because I don't remember seeing much of that in some of the earlier apps for smartphones. I guess that also plays into the replayability factor because you would want to keep playing it so you can unlock all those characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just gave me so much nostalgia. This game took the world by storm when it first came out, everyone was playing it. This game was so addicting and I think that was because of the fact that you wanted to always get a better score. I loved the graphics of this game when I used to play it but it didn't have all the fancy background back then. I also don't recall being able to play with many other characters other than the one that the game starts you out with. I think this is a classic smartphone game and if it were reintroduced to the children coming up now I know they would go nuts over it like we did as children. I would definitely recommend this game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you all know I am not a gamer. However, Temple Run was my game! I loved how fast it was which added a sense of urgency to the player. At one point this game was downloaded in everyone’s phone, laptop, or tablet. This game was addicting because of how it always started off relatively the same way, yet would progress and get harder as time went on. There are also many different levels that are all visually different which adds dimension and depth to the game.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment