The game of LIFE

 

The game of Life is one of my all-time favorite board games as a child I was able to not only make somewhat realistic adult choices but was also able to immerse myself into certain situations that I’ve actually been through goring up such as picking a college and a major. The main theme of this game is to travel the path of LIFE making decisions, building a family, earning money, and paying money out to others as well. LIFE has endless possibilities on how it could end    This game has many different aspects included that we’ve discussed in class such as the different outcomes you get to decide how many kids you want, what career you want. LIFE follows ludology with the set rules and also the process you have to go through to get to the end of the game. I often think about where I was physically when playing life which goes into the material elements of the game. Most of the time I was playing with a group of my family members or friends either at home or at school. It’s a board game however I recently learned you can download LIFE to your cellular devices as well. 


Comments

  1. This game is universal and very relatable. By making the game admissible for everyone to play it will provoke more people to engage in the game. This game teaches many moral and ethical lessons by paying bills, and learning how to manage money and your time wisely. Games that have the aspect of real life enriches people on life skills that can help them succeed in not just the game but in their daily life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love this game as a kid. I think playing it over and over and having so many different outcomes was what made it so interesting. I think having to make career decisions and financial decisions in the game was always the part of the game that determined your life during the game. It have me opportunities to explore, in a simple way, how those decisions affect your life. I also remember there being taxes, disasters, car accidents, and random events that would sort of steer you off course. This definitely gives you opportunities to understand dhow your decisions could affect your life and have consequences.

    I think I have also played the app version of this game, which was different. This game was definitely an immersive experience. You played as yourself, so you always identified with your little game piece. You go to think through what you would really do, and it eve got competitive. I think that level of immersion is sort of rare for a board game, and that is what made this one so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also grew up on the game of life. I think its a great example of replayability because there are different outcomes every time you play. It's a good game to play with children and I think its a more light-hearted version of monopoly because there isn't so much math involved with it. I would definitely recommend this game to people I always loved playing it when I was younger. The choices that I got to make always made me want to play it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment