Marvel's all New Spider-Man

         This week I chose to talk about one of my personal favorites! Your friendly neighborhood well you know the rest (A reference to Tobey Maguire, one of my favorite spidermen). Making his first appearance in Ultimate Fallout as a 13-year-old at the time. He now has his own game know as Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Developed by Insomniac Games they not only show miles going about fighting crime, but they also show him being a member of his neighborhood and fighting off petty crimes as well. While I watched the game review. You can see Miles swing through the streets of Harlem, New York where his personal story takes place.         Every adventure that Miles takes us on is a wild ride of swinging using his spider webs or using something new such as his bioelectricity powers. Adding more depth and movement to Miles you can see that he has added fighting skills that previous spidermen have not exhibited. Also, within the game spiderman has a full closet of several different variations of his all-time favorite spider suites. What’s mesmerizing about this game is that Miles is a product of minority parents an African American father and a Puerto Rican mom.  This game received 4.5 out of 5 stars and helps in showing a positive representation of two minority groups who are often overlooked in the world of gaming. 




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1iI9lEkP7I

Comments

  1. I love what you said about the diversity part! I think that is one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to video games is the lack of diversity. Kids that grow up playing video games with the same white male player 1 can sometimes feel like they and people like them are the main characters and people of color will always be a “side character.” Even in their own lives. I may have taken that deeper than I should have but that was a subconscious thought I had growing up as an Indian girl watching all shows and playing games about people who looked nothing like me. Anyways, awesome take on the Spiderman game! I personally love Miles as a character. He’s is a lot of fun and super spunky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this movie because representation matters!! As a black woman in America I remember not seeing much representation growing up, and today the media has come a long way with regards to representation. I personally didn't know that this was a game, but the game and movie seem to have various similarities. This is actually a game I truly think I would be interested in playing. My baby cousins and I have watched this movie over ten times so it is a family favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment